We’ve had the party of the century- a great atmosphere with The Games, the Diamond Jubilee and 70,000 Gamemakers reminding us what is important. Now is an opportunity to get your house in order – a fresh start with a bit of an autumn spring clean on the back of everyone feeling so positive. There are ten things we think you could do which could add value to your organisation and help the business grow in ways not only relevant to our clients (charities, sustainable caring companies and education based orgs) – but to others too. Why not:-
1. Have your own Gamemakers plan – take on teams of passionate people who care about your cause
2. Do a social audit of all those twitter accounts that have crept up; who are they for and are they of any value? Write a social media policy (who are your main bloggers, are they on message, what’s the back up for them?)
3. Fill in the gaps in your database and ring up lapsed supporters
4. Organise that ‘getting to know us day’ for supporters to hear about your future work and the value they bring
5. Get new blood on the board – draw up a short list of new skills you need from Trustees
6. Be at the right events with a plan of all the best ‘Free events’
7. Write up your case studies – like agencies do – of all your great work and put it online
8. Produce a 30 mins film about your organisation and post online
9. Look at who the organisation has partnered throughout its life; get back in touch with old friends
10. Make sure all staff have a campaigning and promotions element to their job.
In the happy days and weeks after the great summer – make some progress on those often discussed tasks. Or at least let Green Banana Marketing help with the ones that drop off your list.